上消者主要为肺热 —— 经常都会觉得口渴
中消者多胃火炽盛 —— 吃得多还是觉得饿
下消者多为虚火内热 —— 症状为尿频
- 茶饮：沙参9g、石斛9g，煮约45 分钟
Chinese medicine believes diabetes is characterized by excessive drinking, eating, urination, weight loss, and weakness
Diabetes in TCM theory is divided into three different categories
Upper exhaustion mainly have lung heat —— often feeling thirsty
- Produce body fluid to quench thirst, clear heat, and nourish lungs, ingredients such as okra, pear, watermelon peel, black fungus, etc.
- Tea Therapy: 3 pieces of watermelon rind, cut off the outer green rind, and boil for 20-30 minutes
Middle exhaustion would have stomach heat —— hunger even after a full meal.
- To clear away the fire, nourish yin, and promote body fluids such as Sponge gourd, corn silk, etc.
- Tea Therapy: 25 grams of corn silk, boil for about 20-30 minutes
Lower exhaustion would be a deficiency in kidney yin —— frequent urination.
- Ingredients for nourishing yin and clearing heat such as Adenophora, Dendrobium, American Ginseng, etc.
- Tea Therapy: 9 grams of Adenophora, 9 grams of Dendrobium, boil for about 45 minutes
Food to Avoid
- Avoid spicy and greasy food
- Quit high-sugar fruits and pastries
- Less starch intake